Freshcare has listened to feedback from participants and identified ways to improve audit efficiency, which has resulted in some rule changes for the Australian Wine Industry Standards of Sustainable Practice – Viticulture (AWISSP-VIT) and Winery (AWISSP – WIN).
These changes will officially come into effect from 1 September 2023.
These changes have resulted in an update to the Rules for each of the Standards.
Please download the Industry Advice Notice and Rule changes as they apply to the program you participate in.
Summary of changes
1. Freshcare rule changes relating to GI regions
These new rules relate to viticulture businesses with sites over multiple GI regions. As of 1 September 2023, Freshcare audits do not need to be undertaken per GI region. This enables all vineyard sites managed under one sustainability program and located within approximately 100km/2 hours travel time, to be audited in one activity, regardless of GI. For properties managed under one sustainability program yet located outside the 100km limit, additional costs in relation to audit time and travel expenses may be applied at the discretion of your Certification Body.
2. Introduction of a Central Organisation Audit Model
To improve the efficiency of the audit process for particular business structures operating in the Australian Wine Industry, we have developed a new approach to our model for the Australian Wine Industry Standards of Sustainable Practice – Viticulture and Winery.
The aim of this audit model is to make the certification process as efficient as possible, whilst still ensuring a robust assessment of the sustainability commitments being made across the industry through the implementation of the program. This audit model is relevant to businesses that have part, or all of their sustainability program managed by a ‘Central Organisation’.
For more information, please download the AWISSP Factsheet – Central Organisation Audit Model.
- A copy of the Industry Advice Notification should be downloaded and kept as an attachment to your Freshcare Standard – AWISSP-VIT and/or AWISSP-WIN, in hard copy or electronic form.
- Please read the entire document and review the changes specified.
- If the GI region or Audit Model changes are applicable to your business, please discuss these opportunities with your Certification Body when booking your first assessment to the program or renewal certification audit.
- These changes come into effect from 1 September 2023.
If you have any questions or require assistance interpreting these changes, please call us on 02 8039 9999 or email your enquiry to: [email protected]
Program updates and rule changes are communicated to program participants via direct email and made available on FreshcareOnline, and the website here: Freshcare Standards Resources.
Page last updated 8 August 2023.