Farewell 2015, Welcome 2016
Christmas message and office closure
To all our Freshcare members and friends, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous year in 2016!
The Freshcare Office will be closed from 4pm Wednesday 23rd December 2015 and reopen 8am Monday 4th January 2016.
During this period urgent messages can be left on our answering machine, or sent via email to [email protected]
2015 Wrap up
This year marked the 15th anniversary of Freshcare, a milestone we celebrated with stakeholders at the Freshcare Forum in April, acknowledging we have grown to become the largest on-farm assurance program for the Australian fresh produce industry.
Along with the day-to-day management of over 3300 certified businesses, the Freshcare Team has been hard at work on a number of internal and external projects throughout the year, to ensure Freshcare remains at the forefront of assurance programs for Australian producers.
- The Guideline for Fresh Produce Food Safety
- The Freshcare Code of Practice Food Safety & Quality review
- The Freshcare Code of Practice Environmental review
- Development of a Freshcare eLearning platform to offer access to remote training
- JASANZ accreditation in preparation for GFSI benchmarking
2016 What’s to come…
Freshcare will welcome the new year with the roll out of a number of projects undertaken in 2015:
From March 2016 Freshcare will launch:
- The Freshcare Code of Practice Food Safety & Quality 4th Edition
- The Freshcare Code of Practice Environmental 3rd Edition
- The Freshcare eLearning platform
- with the first course online being the Food Safety & Quality 4th Edition
A detailed update on the new Codes and compliance dates, will be provided to all Freshcare participating businesses through February 2016.
There will be no requirement for ‘upgrade’ training to be undertaken by businesses transferring from the current Codes.